MICHAEL K JARVIS cell: 972.632.9225
Fairview (Dallas), TX 75069 email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/mikejarvisprofile
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
Dynamic professional with a proven track record of success in Learning and Development, consulting, training, management and sales in various industries. Expertise in leading teams that assess business needs, then develop and deliver creative training solutions to address those needs. Known for a high energy, positive presence. Focused on building and delivering effective training in all modalities, based on subject matter expert level knowledge and real-world expertise.
Excellent Coaching and Consulting skills
Positive, Energetic Style
Creatively finding and delivering solutions
Excellent verbal and written communications
Strong classroom/online facilitator
Team player and leader
Focused on effective training, producing results
Adult learning theory/methodology, e.g. ADDIE, Design Thinking, CRI, online solutions
Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
International business experience (France, Mexico, Brazil, Canada)
Capital One Financial, Plano, TX 2004 – 2017
Learning Manager 2015 – 2017
Manager of the team providing learning/training support to Capital One Auto Finance (COAF) sales and customer service associates.
· Led the team that developed and delivered all training to 400+ sales associates for the successful Diamond Dealer initiative, a key contributor to the company’s excellent sales growth.
· Introduced online, video, digital and other interactive learning methods that made training more effective.
· Influenced and developed training for the Auto Navigator project, a state-of-the-art tool for customers to directly interface with COAF online (mobile, tablet, computer) to find and finance a vehicle.
· Successfully delivered a business case to management for creating and delivering sales training to telephone salespeople, improving their skills to the level of the outside sales team. Since this training was delivered, the telephone salespeople have exceeded sales budgets every year.
Capital One – Principal Learning Consultant 2010 – 2015
Supported management by creating and delivering effective training to the company’s 400+ sales associates
· Led the initiative to transform sales training from an “add on” to a formalized quarterly training event. As a result, training is now an integral component of the sales associate role.
· Introduced interactive methods in line with adult learning theory.
· Managed several subject matter experts each quarter, keeping them on point and bringing their disparate topics together into a coherent whole for the quarterly training event.
· Trained 24 Regional Managers in delivering effective, interactive training to their direct reports.
· Coached Regional Managers to improve their management and presentation skills.
· Developed and delivered effective training for all miscellaneous training needs that arose; six to ten topics each year, usually on very short notice.
Capital One – Training Consultant 2004 – 2010
Developed and delivered sales training and new hire training to COAF sales associates.
· Team Leader for the team that created and delivered Partnership Selling (sales training) to the 150+ person outside sales force. Partnership Selling remains the gold standard for all COAF sales training today.
· Developed and delivered new hire training for all COAF salespeople.
· Originated and delivered onboarding/orientation training for each new auto finance company Capital One acquired.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Rexel, Inc., Dallas, TX; Wholesale Electrical Equipment
Director of Professional Development
Manager of the U.S. Corporate University for Rexel, a Paris based multi-national company.
· Researched, planned, designed, sold and delivered broad spectrum of training courses in various media, to 400+ sales associates.
· Consulted with Rexel’s Training Directors in other countries to align training worldwide.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Michigan State University, E. Lansing, MI
Professional Development Courses:
Criterion Referenced Instruction
Certified to train Counselor Salesperson and Behavioral Interviewing
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION
Two-time winner of Capital One’s highest award, the Circle of Excellence.
All three years I was the General Motors account manager, Rexel was chosen as GM’s “Worldwide Electrical Supplier of the Year” (QSP Award).
Successfully conducted business internationally, in Mexico, France, Brazil and Canada.
Originated, built and successfully executed an ISO9000 registered quality program for Rexel USA, the first service company in the U.S. (non-manufacturing) to have an ISO registered quality program.
Presentation to Arabian Gulf Marketing Association in Manama, Bahrain (Selling Through Partnerships).