Manager and above
Our client is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. Our client designs, manufactures and services systems and components and provides integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. Our client is also a major supplier to international space programs.
As a key member of the Financial Controls, Planning and Analysis Team, this role will oversee the overall Government Accounting requirements and FAR 15 pricing for the Burnsville, MN site. The position will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing and coordinating all Government Accounting and Compliance related activities for the site. Further, this role will also be responsible for completing FAR 15 / TINA military proposals/quotes. In addition to Government Accounting this role will spend approximately 60% of their time supporting the Accounting Department, specifically in the area of Cost Accounting. The role will have an extensive amount of exposure to the overall business and play a key part in various target capture teams, focusing on financial analysis, cost analysis and budgeting. The position will work closely with the Finance leadership team and other departments including Engineering, Procurement, Business Development, Program Management, Operations and Contracts.
Primary Government Accounting Responsibilities Include:
– Development of Military bid rates, in accordance with the FAR and CAS.
– Assist with the completion of compliance reviews as needed to ensure overall compliance.
– Assist with site self-assessments to ensure adequate controls are in place and adhere to all required Government Compliance initiatives.
– If identified, participate in remediation and corrective action planning for any government compliance control deficiencies.
– Ensuring the site understands and complies with Government Reporting / DCAA requirements.
Establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with the MN Site Leadership and local DCAA / DCMA.
– Provide site leadership with advice on the financial implications/cost impacts of business activities related to Government Contracting.
– Completion of key USG deliverables as required.
– Ensuring policies and procedures comply with applicable DFARS and Cost Accounting Standards and that sufficient controls are in place to ensure compliance.
– Coordinate with the Government Compliance manager to proactively meet all Internal requirements with regard to Compliance.
– Responsible for constructing FAR part 15, TINA compliant quotes and proposals, including development of cost and pricing packages, ensuring price proposals are prepared in accordance with FAR, CAS applicable laws and regulations and site accounting practices.
– Support customer fact-findings, negotiations as well DCAA/DCMA audits.
Derive detailed cost rationale and retain backup information to support bid during fact find/negotiations.
– Ensures price proposals are prepared in accordance with FAR, CAS, applicable laws and regulations and site accounting practices.
– Participates in strategy meetings and provides input on cost related matters as required, including cost strategy for initial proposal and subsequent revisions.
Primary Cost Accounting Responsibilities Include:
– Supporting the monthly close cycle including required analysis and posting of journal entries and preparation of relevant account reconciliations.
– Analysis, tracking and reporting of E&O and other inventory related metrics.
– Standard cost updates and the annual standards update as well as other cost maintenance activities.
– Physical inventory reviews (cycle counts) and floor check audits.
– Problem solves and supports operations with transactional accounting questions/issues and reporting.
– Develop and maintenance of accounting standard work documentation.
– Preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports as well as assists in forecasting and planning activities.
– Preparation for and assistance with internal and external audit requests including preparing data and testing of controls.
Education / Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree. MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
Experience / Qualifications:
– 5+ years in progressively responsible roles with strong Government Contracting experience. Aerospace/Defense Industry a plus.
– PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) including a strong working knowledge of EXCEL and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
– Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
– Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
– High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
– Strong team building, people management and people development skills.
The VP of Operations, will be responsible for developing all global operations strategies for our client and operating best-in-class facilities...Apply For This Job
The successful candidate for this position will be an individual who is comfortable in a “change agent” role as opposed...Apply For This Job